Sunday, November 25, 2007

Jingle Bells, so soon?


Paper Plate Christmas Wreath
This Activity is a simple one.
The materials needed are: Paper plastes, collage' materials, glue (PVA to stick heavier collage), Glitter (if you want that real Christmas Feel!!!) and string to hang the Wreath.

Offer children many collage materials such as; Glitter, alfoil, crepe paper cut up, tinsel, cut up wrapping paper, sequins etc.

You can colour the glue by adding a good dollop of acrylic paint to the PVC mix.

These wreaths are a good activity to complete in the early weeks leading up to Christmas, as they are nice to see hanging on the door for a few weeks!!!

This activity encourages; Fine motor, social/Emotional development, imagination and cognitive development


4 comments:

Heather said...

Cool projects! Do you have activities I can do with my 9 month old?

V said...

Heather, I'll get back to you with some ideas!!!!
It's good to know people are beginning to check out my Site!!
Regards.......V

V said...

Heather, I'll get back to you with some ideas!!!!
It's good to know people are beginning to check out my Site!!
Regards.......V

Bec said...

What a great blog! My son and I just did a variation on the Christmas wreath project. I've put a picture of it on my blog (I gave you credit for the idea though:))

I also love the coloured spaghetti idea. I think I may get that happening for our mother's group Christmas party.

I'll definitely be checking back for more ideas. Thanks!